930AM: Based on how tired I was yesterday, I decide to sleep in. And boy, did I sleep in! I slept for 10 hours and I woke up feeling energized and great.
945AM: I decide to tackle my final negotiations paper to finish off my LAST assignment at Wharton. Ever. My goal is to finish by 12PM - I take until 130PM, of course. But I finished with a bang. .. if I do say so myself. I eat a few spoonfuls of almond butter and a banana to start off my day.
1130AM: I have a snack of TJ's dried fruit and TJ's beef jerkey. Look on the back of the beef jerkey ingredient deck and notice that there is soy and wheat in it? UGH. I stop eating it. I also have some coconut water.
3PM: I grab chorizo and guacamole from El Fuego in between my beauty errands (mani/pedi - eyelash extension appt). What can I say? I've been holed up doing work for the past few weeks and am only getting around to some "beauty maintenance" now! I knew I needed more protein (so didn't go to Pure Fare) but shouldn't have waited that long to eat. I was starving.
6PM: Have my first meeting with Meghan. She gives me some awesome advice. Highlights include:
Things I need to stop doing
- Eating out so much. As Meghan pointed out, I really don't know what kinds of oils and ingredients are used.
- Eating kind bars. They have a whole host of additives in them that I don't need.
- Staving myself in the mornings.
- Eating so much dried fruit. There are essentially just concetrated sugar.
- Snacking so much. Meghan predicts that if I eat 3 main meals per day and space them out appropriately, I won't need so many snacks in between.
- I need to make more of my own food, so that I control what ingredients go in it.
- I need to start eating a bigger breakfast, with lots of protein and some carbs. (e.g. Ground beef + sweet potatoes)
- I need to start eating more foods that aren't processed.
- I need to start preparing foods for myself ahead of time, and bringing them with me
- Pureed sweet potatoes (can get them in the can)
- Cook with coconut oil
- Whole fruits
- Kale chips
- Sardines (in olive oil)
- Canned tuna (in olive oil)
- Ground beef
- Lara bars (instead of Kind bars)
9PM: I successfully make ground beef for the first time! I cook it with chopped onions, shallots, and garlic (pre-chopped for me at TJ's), sliced black olives and a little sea salt. I put 1/2 lb on top of spinach, drizzle some olive oil and white wine vinegar. Yum! I save the other 1/2 lb for tomorrow's lunch. I also bake buttnernut squash and quiche, which I save for tomorrow. An awesome dinner and I feel GREAT afterward! Satisfied but not bloated. I'm turning over a new leaf.
10PM: Do feel like I need a little sweet hit. Rather than reach for dried fruit, I have a small spoonful of almond butter.
No comments:
Post a Comment