9AM: Wake-up before I want to. Didn't have as great of a night of sleep as the night before. Took me awhile to fall asleep and definitely get less than 8 hours. The light came into the room (sort of the way it comes into my apt) and I woke up. I must say. .. even though it's only been a few days since I've been following Meghan's guidelines closer and eating more home-cooked meals, it has made me feel amazing. I am starting to feel better and better.
930AM: We didn't go to the grocery store yesterday in the rain, so we don't have any breakfast foods in the house. Oops. I have a Cashew cookie Lara Bar and a couple of spoonfuls of almond butter. I know, I know - I'm supposed to be getting in bigger breakfasts! We go to the grocery store right away to take care of that. =)
1130AM: We have a delicious, homemade breakfast feast. A paleo breakfast sandwich: two slices of eggplant, a slice of tomato, homemade guacamole (made by Irena, an amazing chef - avocados, diced onions, minced garlic, minced jalepeno, salt, pepper, lime, balsamic vineagar), and a poached egg. We each have two plus two slices of bacon. It really hits the spot. I love it. I helped chop - I'm definitely learning!
2PM: We lay in the sun for a little while but it gets cloudy. Larissa and I decide to come in and do 45 min. of yoga. I brought a great core yoga DVD along and it "hits the spot".
3PM: We head back out into the sun and have a small snack of the salad we made the night before (spinach and pulled chicken). I also have a couple of slices of fresh cut pineapple (thanks, Irena!).
4PM: We have intentions of going on a "cocktail cruise" but the motor of the boat won't start. Larissa takes me around the lake on the jet ski instead. We have an absolute blast.
5PM: We later decide to drag the boat out to the middle of the lake using the jet ski. Hysterical. We float and drift around the lake, laying in the sun. I don't have any cocktails but have a few more slices of pineapple and my last Di Bruno's beef stick.
715PM: We come in and start making dinner. Larissa and I snack on the homemade guac and sweet potato chips. (Admittedly, not homemade - from Terra but there are only two ingredients: sweet potatoes and oil.)
830PM: We have an amazing dinner: two turkey burgers (made by Irena, again - sauteed onions glazed with red wine, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, worcestershire sauce) on top of kale (chips and charcoaled on the grill), with homemade aioli (made by yep, you guessed it, Irena - egg yolks, garlic, olive oil, black truffle oil, lemon, salt, and pepper). Again, very yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment