Monday, May 28, 2012

Sun, May 27

I have a spoonful of almond butter and a banana for "breakfast". I go for a run in blazing hot weather. Yikes! I am dying of thirst part way through the lake. Ouch.

I have a Larabar and TONS of water when I get back. Alex wants to go to one of our favorite spots for lunch, Lucia's bakery. Unfortunately. .. there aren't a ton of paleo options there. I settle for a shrimp skewer with a red pepper sauce (gluten and dairy-free) + a side of greens.

My mom gave us some fresh mangos so Alex makes me a mango smoothie for a snack. He and I both have headaches, probably from dehydration on our runs. He cuts up a mango and puts some ice into a blender and puts a small amount of agave syrup in it.
My mom sent me home with some moqueca so I have the rest for dinner. I also make a huge amount of guacamole for a memorial day paleo-BBQ we're going to have with our friends Mike and Miranda tomorrow. I eat it with some plaintain chips. YUM! (But I may have had too many plaintain chips, admittedly.)


I finish off the day with a few more semi-sweet TJ's vegan choc chips. Not sure if Meghan will like that I'm eating these!

No comments:

Post a Comment