Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tues, May 1 - Day 6

730AM: Wake-up for Xfit. Could definitely have slept much more! Got less than 8 hours of sleep and feel groggy. It's also raining which doesn't help. I meet Mau and jog down to Xfit.

8AM: Munch on a Cranberry Almond Kind Bar while at Crossfit. I eat half before the work-out and have afterward. Work on my snatch skills, for the first time in over 1 month! Sammy helps me get to my 55lbs, a personal PR. (I've only done snatch 1 other time.) I use a 20 lb DB to do the workout: 5 xs 30 sec weak arm, 30 sec strong arm, 30 sec off. I feel great afterward.

11AM: I run a bunch of errands and don't get my to my apartment for awhile. I am really hungry at this point and dig into a few spoonfuls of almond butter + a banana. I get my first blog comment - THANK YOU, Meghan! YAYAYAYAYAY. =) Can't want to meet with you tomorrow.

12PM: I meet Rider for lunch at Pure Fare. I get the green goddess soup (pureed kale & cauliflower, no dairy) and the raw brussel sprouts salad. We work on our end-of-year Leadership Fellow dinner.

230PM: I go back to Pure Fare and meet Nick for coffee. I take him up on his offer to buy me a smoothie and get Thai's favorite: kale, banana, grapes, with coconut milk. It's delicious and I feel good about getting some more green vegetables into my diet. I realize, however, that I've eaten very little protein today and it's making me hungry.

5PM: I have a TJ's fruit stick for a snack and 1 piece of proscuitto and 1 piece of salami.

630PM: I meet Amanda for a drink at Alma de Cuba. I don't have a drink but we do share a some truffled guacamole with plaintain chips.


8PM:  Dinner at Alma de Cuba with Angi Rassi, a good friend and past manager at General Mills, Amanda, and Ibraheem (all people who will be working with me at Mills). I get ostracized for not having anything to drink so agree to have a small pour of red wine. We then have a filling three course meal.
  • Appetizers: I have small bites - 2 tuna tartare tacos, 1 bacon wrapped almond stuffed date.
  • Main course: I have the scallops. Instead of potatoes, I get spinach instead. The sauce is pureed peas and butter. It's delicious.

  • Dessert: I was happy to abstain but again get pressured into getting something. Lucky for me, they have coconut milk sorbet. Again, it's delicious. I love this restaurant!

1130PMish: Though my meal was super tasty, I must admit that I'm feeling stuffed and a little bit bloated and gassy. Think I may be a little backed up because I was running around all day. Also should be getting my period in 3-4 days. Awesome.

Things I need to ask Meghan about:
  • What are more paleo-friendly grab n' go options?
  • How do I get more protein?

No comments:

Post a Comment