Thurs, May 31
730AM: Mexico! I am determined to stay on track with paleo even while on vacation. As part of this, I wake up extra early to get in a 4+ mile run before my parents pick me up for my mom and my flight. It feels great to get out and run around the lake. Much nicer than the run I did over the weekend. I can still feel my rolled ankle from the Tough Mudder but I do think it's getting better.
945AM: I'm ready to leave! My parents are coming at 10AM so I don't have time for much breakfast so I have my last spoonful of almond butter for the week =) and I also have a banana.
12PM: We have plenty of time in the airport before our flight departs, so I stop at French Meadow and order their rachel sandwich but request it on top of spinach - simply turkey and sauerkraut on top of spinach, a side of more greens, and some tomato caper aioli on the side. I bring it on the plane and eat it around 1230PM. It's delicious and hits the spot. I think the lady sitting next to me is jealous.
5PM: We have a 2.5 hr layover in Charlotte, NC. I have a splitting headache but am so excited for my mom and my trip. I give myself a travel treat: one of my old staples, a tall decaf soy latte. It tastes so sweet when I first sip it. I'm not used to it anymore! A good sign. It doesn't help my headache go away. I take some advil. My mom and I grab some dinner at a BBQ place to take on the plane. It will be smelly but at the very least, a lot of protein!
630PM: We eat our dinner and have nice conversation with the Italian sitting next to me. We each have a pulled pork platter with turnip greens. Not terrible. . . but I do wish I knew what was in the BBQ sauce. I have a ton of greens. So much, in fact, I can't finish them. The platter also came with a fried pickle. I don't eat it. My mom takes a bite but I try to encourage her not to eat fried foods!
9PM: We arrive in Cancun and at our hotel the Mariott, Casa Magna. It's gorgeous. We have the most beautiful view of the ocean - and can walk right out of our hotel room and onto the white sand beach. I'm so excited!!!
12PM: We head to bed. Unfortunately, my mom loves to sleep with the TV on. I hate it. I come prepared, however, and have my eye mask, ear plugs, and rain app on my iphone ready. I get a decent night's sleep but wake up early with the sun and am in/out of sleep in the morning.
***Photos to come once I figure out how to get them off my phone w/o internet!***
No comments:
Post a Comment