Mon, Jun 4
930AM: I wake-up around 930AM and get out of bed by 10AM. I get ready to head down to the gym.
1030AM: I decide to do another crossfit work-out - today working on arms. I do the press work-out Alex and I did at Crossfit 513 in Cincy - 3,3,2,2,2,1,1,1,1 - building up to a peak of Press. Because there are only 5 lbs increments its hard to go up. I start with 20 lbs on the bar, add 5 lbs to each side and go up once more but am unable to go up further. In between, I do weighted lunges with 15 lbs dumbells. For my metcon, I do 50 russian KB swings (30 lbs) and 50 dumbell thrusters (15 lbs). Definitely felt good but hard!
1130AM: My mom wants to go back to the breakfast buffet. Remembering how bloated I felt afterward and how great I have been feeling, I decide to opt out of the buffet, despite my mom's urging. Instead, I opt to try the chilequiles - pulled chicken on top of corn tortilla (with avocado, and queso/crema, which I skipped). It was good but had way too much corn tortilla and not enough chicken. I make do an do eat about half of the corn tortilla. I have a few pieces of papaya off of my mom's plate. I'm super full after this meal.
5PM: After enjoying the beach, walking, playing in the ocean, reading and enjoying the breeze, we decide to walk into "town" - apparently, there are two shopping malls about 1 mile away. We shower and then head outside. .. We definitely didn't need to shower! The humidity is palpable and we end up literally soaked with sweat. My sunglasses wouldn't even stay on my face because I was sweating so much. Haha. We get to the first mall and walk around. It's gorgeous. Super high end. I buy a swim suit top (on sale) at this cool Colombian swim store and we get some snacks, too - I got pistachios and plaintain chips (I know I wasn't supposed to have them this week but I caved and got too hungry without many great snack options). We also stop at a Haagen-Dazs shop, which was fun - given that I worked on that brand last year. Unfortunately, my mom couldn't help herself and insisted on getting an ice cream cone.. . and then coaxed me into having some, saying she couldn't because she's diabetic. Oh brother. I have a bite. Waaaay too sweet. Very good but I'm definitely not craving anything that sweet. Then, we walk to the outdoor mall on the marina. It's so pretty it's breathtaking. We walk around it for a few hours, taking everything in and looking at different restaurants to have dinner at.
730PM: We settle on a seafood restaurant. Unbeknownst to us, it's attached to the acquarium! We are literally seated at a table on top of the dolphin tank and we get to watch as they swim about. It was super cool. Also part of the acquarium/restaurant, we get to see the shark tank. My mom and I both have grouper for dinner. It was beautifully presented. It was another big meal and a little heavier than I would have liked: though the grouper was made out of a red wine sauce which was relatively light, there was guacamole nestled under it and black refried beans. I've been trying to stay away from the beans but I finally cave - it really went with the fish. Good dish but definitely more rich than I needed. We also got a free drink with our meal - rather than margaritas, my mom and I opted for orange juice. Lots of sugar I know, but it was an indulgence! We walk the mile+ home - partially on the side walk - and partially on the beach. We walk through a few of the other hotels on the strip to see what they're like. Needless to say, my mom (who is a tough critic) LOVES Cancun! I must say, it is an AMAZING vacation spot.
1230PMish: I head to bed and look forward to another great night's sleep. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment