Friday, June 1, 2012

Fri, Jun 1

8AM: I wake-up to a heavenly day. It's absolutely beautiful outside. Not a cloud in the sky. There's a nice breeze and you can smell the fresh salt water air. I'm so happy.

9AM: My mom and I chat in bed for awhile and then I get up to do some yoga on the balcony. I feel like I'm in Bikhram! I sweat so much but the sun feels good.

1030AM: My mom and I decide to try the breakfast buffet at the hotel. It's a bit pricey so we decide that this will be our breakfast and lunch. It's got a lot of random stuff in it but there are definitely some healthy choices, which I work to stick to: the omelette station (I get one with two eggs, spinach, peppers, and mushrooms), bacon, sausage, and sunflower seeds. I decide my "treat" today will be fruit, since it's part of the buffet and they have my favorite - papaya. It's amazing. Super ripe. They also have fresh squeezed OJ. I have a little but don't want to overdoes on sugar so I get the rest to go and save it. We ate a lot - I definitely wasn't hungry for the rest of the day!

6PM: We enjoy the day so much on the beach that we take our time getting back to our room. There is also a late afternoon thunderstorm so I read on our balcony while my mom talks to my dad over skype. We realize we are starting to get hungry!

8PM: There are two seafood restaurants across the street from our hotel - we decide to try the Crab house. It was really good. Super fresh seafood. We get a complimentary appetizer (calamari). Different than the US. Huge, very tender rings of calamari. For dinner, my mom has the gruper and I have the jumbo grilled shrimp. They give me simply a melted butter and garlic on the side. It's awesome. I also order a side of zucchini. Yummy! I'm full after dinner (I had 10 shrimp - my mom ate a couple) but I don't feel bloated. We walk around a little and run into some Brazilians.

1130PM: Head to bed and am looking forward to tomorrow on the beach. Today, I read 14 chapters straight of 50 shades of grey. (Larissa, I'm obsessed!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm drooling over your shrimp and yoga time!

    Hope you're having fun and walking and relaxing!

    Hit me up when you get back and we'll catch up!

    ReplyDelete