Monday, June 4, 2012

Sat, Jun 2

1030AM: Wake-up. I don't have a very restful night of sleep. I think it may be a combination of my obsession with the book 50 Shades of Gray (me and every other woman on the planet) - I caught another women a few chairs down from me on the beach reading it, as well! HAHAha I digress. The other reason is that our room, while gorgeous (we have a full view of both the ocean and the pool), we are directly above the lobby. And because our hotel is made of marble, everything echoes. And is quite loud. We may need to move rooms and sacrifice our view!

11AM: I check out the work-out room. While I liked doing yoga on the terrace yesterday, I was sweating up a storm! It's a really nice set-up and they have a barbell I can use for squats. It is one of those connected to a machine so I don't know how much it exactly weighs, but it will have to do. I do the same backsquat work-out we did not too long ago at Xfit MSP: 8-6-4 (with a tempo, 3 down, pause, up) and then back to 8 reps, no tempo. I work-up to putting 75 lbs on the bar and then go back to 65 lbs for my 8 reps. For my metcon, I do 21-15-9 - backsquat at 65 lbs on the bar + burpees. I finish under 7 minutes.

1230PM: We have lunch at the pool and I have seafood ceviche. They serve it with a bunch of tortilla chips but I manage to only have a few. It is fresh and very tasty. We spend the rest of the day laying on the beach.

730PM: For dinner, we are too lazy to shower. We go to the hotel's casual sports bar. I order the steak salad and ask for spinach instead of lettuce, with no cheese. I thoroughly confuse the poor staff! They brought the spinach on the side. They fix it for me and are really sweet about it. Unfortunately, the spinach was frozen, so its cooked, but it is still tasty.

12AM: I head to bed around midnight but can't sleep because of the noise. My mom and I decide that we will likely change rooms tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment