Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 1 of the CFCC BCCC

SOOOooo. .. this is Day 1 of the Xfit CC Body Composition Challenge - which I signed up for! It's also the first time I've ever created a blog. I'm excited.

Purpose of participating in the challenge and creating the blog:
  • Keep track of my daily intake of food
  • Allow my coach, Meghan to provide me nutritional guidance
  • Help others hold me accountable!
Prior to today, I've been holding myself to about an 80% paleo diet. I went strict for the first time with my friend Dylan and lost 10+ lbs (the stomach flu may have helped in there - Thai, know you love that bug!) I've creeped back up in weight and want to do another strict challenge with the following goals:
  • Reach a goal weight of 125 lbs by May 13, just in time to look good for Wharton graduation (-5 lbs where I am now)
  • Increase my athletic abilities, specifically:
    1. Increase my upper body strength --> get my own strict pull-up
    2. Increase my core strength
  • Expand my knowledge of "good foods" I should eat
  • Set myself up to maintain a weight of 125 lbs longer-term
My primary obstacles:
  • I don't know how to cook (and I don't really like to). I am spoiled because Alex (my husband) cooks for us when we're together.
  • I view food as pleasure and a reward. I get a lot of satisfaction from eating!
  • I sometimes crave salty, fried foods.
  • I'm often "on the go".
  • Gradution celebration with my family and friends May 11-14. I anticipate celebrating with a lot of food. .. and especially at Chinese restaurants, where I'll be surrounded by the temptation to eat a lot of carbs (rice and noodles).
With your help, I want to overcome these obstacles and reach my health goals! Please send me your thoughts.
My plan will be to update this blog on a daily basis with my diet and sleep habits - and record how I feel.

Thanks for reading!

PZ

No comments:

Post a Comment